Research by Psychologie Magazine shows that 1 in 5 Dutch people currently have a question or problem for which they would like professional help. Almost a quarter (22%) is seeing or has seen a coach and almost two-thirds (63%) are ready within six sessions. The main reasons for this are stress and work-life balance. A life coach is ideally suited to help with this.
What is life coaching?
Do you have the feeling that there is more to you than you are getting out of it now? Do you not know which way you want to go with your life? Do you dread going to work every day? Just a few of the questions a life coach can help with.
Life coaching covers all areas of life, such as work, personal development, relationships, passion and meaning. As a life coach, I do not focus so much on what caused the problem, but rather on what keeps it going.
What makes it difficult for you to make choices? What stops you from fulfilling your potential? What fear lurks behind your perfectionism and what convictions do you have that keep it going? What makes you so stressed in the workplace and what prevents you from really relaxing? Together, we will look not so much at a single incident, but more at the patterns that recur and what this means for you.
As a certified life coach, I help you with various questions, such as:
- How can I improve my work-life balance?
- How do I regain pleasure and energy in my work?
- How can I be less influenced by what others think of me?
- How do I silence that negative voice?
- How do I get more self-confidence?
- What are my limits and how can I learn to set them?
- How can I learn to say 'no' more often and stay true to myself?
- How can I let go of my perfectionism and need for control?
- How can I become more gentle with myself?
- How can I better listen to my feelings and needs?
- How can I cope with stress better?
During a coaching process you gain insight into your patterns, motives, pitfalls and talents, and we work on awareness and authenticity. These insights bring you closer to yourself and help you understand who you are, what you want and what you can do. With this knowledge, we work on your request for help and we work on achieving your personal goal.
What does it get you?
During the coaching process, you learn to take control of your life again. At the end of the coaching process:
- You have more insight into your personal themes and you know how to deal with your pitfalls better.
- Do you dare to be more authentic?
- You are more confident and more in touch with yourself
- You are more mentally resilient and can cope better with stress
- Feel more energetic and experience more peace
- Trust your feelings more and organise your life the way you want it to be
Prior to each coaching programme, we have a free, no-obligation intake meeting. When we both feel comfortable, we will make an estimate of the number of sessions needed.
Start of the process
Each coaching process then starts with (formulating) a question for help, with which we make the objective of the process concrete. The more concrete the question, the shorter the process can be. Sometimes several questions are dealt with in one project, other times the questions are too far apart and it is better to divide this into several projects. Most projects consist of 5 to 10 sessions. These can take place face-2-face or online.
During the course
By asking specific questions and applying coaching methods, I support you in achieving your goals. My most used coaching tools are visualisations, focusing & sensing, voice dialogue, constellations/systemic work, character structures, transactional analysis, The Work of Byron Katie and body work.
I do not offer ready-made solutions, because these have to come from the client himself. This gives us a personalised process. Because a coaching process involves more than a weekly contact moment, you are given homework, such as writing assignments and practical exercises, and where necessary we go deeper online. During the programme, we also anticipate the time after coaching by formulating if-then plans; how will you stick to your goals if a stumbling block comes your way?
A life coaching programme helps you to regain your balance and become who you are.
After all, the most beautiful thing you can become is yourself!
Are you curious about what I can do for you? Then schedule an appointment for an informal introductory meeting with me.